

These were pics from the customs line in Cancun... it felt like a terrible line in Disney world.. and the paper they were making everyone fill out was very encouraging..



These are pics from our trip to Chichen Itza.. can you believe I took these with my little kodak camera! I think the ones of the main building look like a post card! The ladies are Jenny & Mirna (who work in the ESL office) and the little lady is a Mayan lady who was so sweet and I bought a hand embroidered hankerchief (spelling?!?) from her
Me & Elizabeth~ We stayed with her for the two weeks while we were at the school. She is Mirna's sister...all of Mirna's family still lives in Merida.. she doesnt speak any English so that made me and Jenny practice more with our Spanish outside of class, I really liked that and she was so fun to hang out with!
Does it look hot??! CAUSE IT WAS DANG HOT. Public bus transportation, walking 6 blocks at the heat of the day, and no air conditioner in the house except the bedrooms made for some very sweaty days...
That is a machetche (not sure how to spell this mayan word) but it is a live bug they decorate with jewels and attach with that gold chain to your shirt..! it is supposed to bring good luck.. No thanks! I was brave just to get a picture and experience all the Mayan culture that I could!!

These are pics from our trip to the Catedral downtown in Merida. Jenny and I went for the Sunday mass-- it is the oldest church on the continent and one of the biggest Jesus on the cross images too. It was pretty neat to go to--

Uxmal, more Mayan ruins we visited.. I liked them better than Chichen Itza because we had a guide and their were more trees and grass, etc.
school trip to the city of Itzamal.. a city of entirely yellow buildings with a very old convent were monks still live today
My teachers Astrid and Maria Luisa.. with crazy Eleanor (my 75 year old classmate who was very... interesting.. to say the least)


Isla Mujeres.. Mirna ate the nastiest thing of octopus, conch, and shrimp soupy spicy uhh
The really tan lady is Tracy Rouse, another ESL teacher that we randomly ran into while there! haha

FINALLY on our flight home... after having a plane broke for 2 hours, missing our connecting flight, flying standby, running down terminal to get on plane, having second plane break, switching planes, and getting home at 9:45pm!! at least we were safe and didnt have to spend the night in Houston with nothing like we thought we would have too!
All in all, I had a great trip and got to practice my Spanish alot-- but I missed home and Jason and our doggies and was so glad to be back!
1 comment:
the picture with the bug is my favorito.
Post a Comment